Chocolate and coconut? Yes, please!!! These are an amazing treat and made from all natural, healthy ingredients. They were easy to make and took just a few minutes to put together. I added a little sprinkle of salt to the top since I'm a salt junkie and it took them to a whole new delicious level! Enjoy!
- 2 cups desiccated (finely shredded) coconut
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces vegan dark chocolate for melting
- In a large bowl mix the coconut, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and salt. Stir until a thick paste forms.
- Using your hands or a small cookie scoop, form the mixture into about 18 small balls. Place the coconut balls on a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the stove.
- Using a fork, drop each coconut ball in the chocolate and roll around until completely covered. Scoop the ball out with the fork and let the extra chocolate drip off the fork. Put the chocolate covered coconut back onto the parchment and refrigerate until the chocolate has hardened. Store in the refrigerator.
Adapted from Pinch of Yum